STEEL IS REAL
The Unesco World Heritage Site Völklinger Hütte is only 8 km away from Utopia by bike. Experience the steel production and then at Utopia the wonderful riding experience that only a steel frame can offer.
On Saturday, 11.7.15 from 11 am Ines Meier invites you:
Bicycle tour to the World Cultural Heritage Site Völklinger Hütte.
- The world's only preserved ironworks from the heyday of the iron and steel industry has been closed since 1986 and has been placed under a preservation order.
- Today an exciting theme and adventure park of industrial culture with gigantic machines and six blast furnaces, steel production life.
- Then we go to France to the historic mine "La Mine Wendel" and the Musée Les Mineurs Wendel in Petite-Roselle, the great mining museum in Europe.
- But there is not only culture. True to the Saarland motto "Haupsach, gudd gess", Ines Meier also makes a stop for refreshments.
The end is around 5 pm.
<LINK 271 _self internal-link-new-window "Opens internal link in new window"> OnSunday we look forward to seeing you then at the summer festival. </link>
- You can ride the tour with your own bike
- or - if available - get a rental bike from Utopia.
- Please let us know your bike preference and body size 10 days before the ride.
- We look forward to seeing you!
Ines Meier and the Utopia Team
Hints for the ride:
- Meeting point: 10:30 a.m. Utopia parking lot.
- Start and arrival: 11 a.m. at Utopia until about 5 p.m. Length: about 22 km
- Visit to the world cultural heritage approx. 3 hours
- Entrance fee world cultural heritage: 15,00 € (www.voelklinger-huette.org) per person
- Visit to the mine will be decided spontaneously.
- Responsible for route guidance and all questions is Ines Meier.
- She will be in the lead and should not be overtaken.
- At the end there is always the same person who makes sure that nobody gets stuck.
- On public roads please follow the traffic rules
- always ride one behind the other, especially on the winding uphill sections.
- You ride at your own risk.
- The tour has about 150 meters of altitude, most of it with a mild gradient on the railway line of the old mine.
- The route leads over roads, forest paths, railway tracks and also car roads.
- Not suitable for bikes with narrow tyres.
- Please take drinking bottles with you!
We look forward to seeing you! Enjoy the next day at the Utopia summer festival!